his charter recalls some fundamental elements to the attention of volunteer health professionals to provide medical and surgical missions to Cambodia with AIRKhmer. They need to design their work with :
- RESPECT taking into account the country and its people with a recent history heavy to wear , beliefs and own culture , recommending us first not to try to win with certainty. The mission of AIR Khmer is completely detached from any political objective , economic or religious.
- REFLEXION on what is ESSENTIAL before acting. Our Western medicine models are not applicable to the letter , including notions of cost .
- PRAGMATIC and CAUTION : taking into account the views of patients and their families.
- HUMILITY : the country's reconstruction is underway , we are here only to help his rehabilitation.
Faithful to our motto :
I learned that a man has the right looking down only when it is going to help to raiseGabriel Garcia MARQUEZ
Fix the limits of our action
- Article 1 : In regard to our patients
- Article 2 : In regard to doctors
- Article 3 : In regard to equipment
- do not undertake examinations or expensive or invasive care for those who have a lower life expectancy in the short term
- avoid excessive gesture
- commit invasive care only if they can be completed during the mission by ourselves or our local colleagues , in safe conditions.
- working in pairs in the visit of the service..
- respect the pace of work and our colleague.
- let him reason on the record, provide examinations and treatment before helping to find the logical and appropriate attitudes.
- take into account the level for achieving the footwork.
- accompany it in a process of development of competence, autonomy.
- avoid the fragile equipment, expensive consumables requiring complex maintenance.
- prefer the robust hardware, reusable, easy to use and maintain.
- tirelessly to educate each mission staff to maintenance.